1. Register your team. A team may be as few as one person and as many people as the filmmaker determines. Registration links are also posted on our Facebook page. Registration closes 15-minutes before the competition begins. Registration may be done online before the competition begins. If a team must withdraw from the competition, no refunds of registration fees will be given. Each team must have one designated contact person, or team leader, in case the event coordinators must contact the team during the competition. Only one film per registration fee. If a team wants to submit a second film, they must pay an additional registration fee.
2. Our official Facebook page is located HERE.
3. Prompts will be emailed to registered teams at 12:00 PM on the day the competition begins. Prompts will include a prop, a sound effect, a line of dialogue. Prompts must be included in all submitted films. All teams will receive the same prompts. If a film fails to meet this requirement, it may be disqualified.
4. Teams have exactly one week to make a short film. Films are due at 12:00 PM one week from the date the competition begins. NO EXTENSIONS WILL BE GIVEN.
5. Submitted films must be between 5 and 9 minutes in length. Incomplete films, or films considered work-in-progress, will not be accepted. All costs associated with producing a film for the competition are solely the responsibility of the registered teams.
6. Teams will be provided with certain paperwork, like Talent & Crew Release Forms, that must be completed and submitted with their films. If a team fails to submit all necessary paperwork with their film, it may be disqualified. Click HERE to be directed to all required forms.
7. Submitted films may not include copyrighted material unless the team has express permission from the copyright holder to use said material. Teams must provide proof of any such permission. Copyrighted material includes, but is not limited to, music, video clips, literary works and any other material created by anyone other than the team. By submitting a film, the team agrees to these Official Rules, and further agrees to indemnify and hold the event coordinators harmless from any claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the event coordinators due to or arising out of the team’s film, including but not limited to trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, right of publicity, right of privacy or defamation.
8. The event coordinators may disqualify any submitted film if they deem the film violates the rights of others, is excessively offensive in nature, contains nudity or sexual content, contains excessive violence or excessive portrayals of drug/alcohol use.
9. All films must be uploaded to FilmFreeway. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the event coordinators for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the competition: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted e-mail transmissions; inaccessibility of the competition Facebook page in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Facebook page; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the competition, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the competition, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the competition.
10. A screening and judging event will be scheduled on a day shortly after the end of the competition. A live panel of judges will view all films in both categories and score each film on many things, including best use of prompts, best technical attributes, etc. Awards will be presented to the films that score the highest. All decisions made by the judges will be deemed final.
11. These Official Rules may be changed at any time, without warning, by the event coordinators. Reasonable efforts will be made to inform the teams of any changes in these Official Rules that occur during the competition.